Monday, December 10, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It's almost Christmas time and chill is definitely in the air! Tree is up and lit, decorations are out, presents are almost all the way bought, wrapped, and put under the tree, lights on the houses and tree's outside light up the dark nights, and christmas music is playing everywhere I go! The only thing left is some snow to cover up the ground and make this place look beautiful! 










Love this time of year! I am so happy and excited to finally have my own place to call home and to decorate and to have someone special that I love to spend the holidays with!! 






Nathan and I spent last night working on a christmas puzzle and making yummy peanut butter balls while watching some christmas movies! I love doing puzzles, especially during this time of year, and now especially with my husband! So glad I found someone who likes doing puzzles as much as I do! And he puts up with all my christmasness; listening to christmas music since beginning of November, watching christmas movies ALL the time, decorations everywhere, baking christmas treats, and going to Christmas shows with me! 





It truly is such a wonderful time of year! The Christmas Spirit rings throughout the streets and through everyone! The other day I met my own "christmas angel"(if you will call it that). I was out shopping for christmas and was very determined to get everything done on my list and not let anything stop me. As I was leaving Walmart, rather hurriedly, there was an older man standing at the Salvation army stand, I walked right past him just trying to get to my car and on to my next destination as quickly as I could, when he stopped me and said hi to me. He had the sweetest, most genuine smile on his face, as he continued to talk to me and tell me to slow down and just enjoy this season! He told me how beautiful I was and asked if I was married, and when I replied that yes I was and have been for the last couple months, he was so happy for me and Nathan and just kept saying what a blessing we are for each other. Also how excited he was about what beautiful kids we will have in the future, and what a blessing they will be, and how that is what life is all about, family. He shared with me how him and his wife have been married for 54 years, and he couldn't be happier! I told him that I look forward to that many years with Nathan! 

This older gentlemen reminded me how easily it is to get caught up in the present shopping and other things, and to forget to SLOW DOWN and to just enjoy the Christmas season and to remember the true meaning of Christmas. It was such a simple, yet beautiful conversation I had with this older man, an experience I will never forget! So remember to slow down, and to look around you and enjoy the season! Remember to have the Christmas Spirit with you always! Remember the beautiful Christmas story and the miraculous birth of our Savior; the true meaning of Christmas!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment