A couple of weeks ago Nathan and I took a little vacation! It started with us watching my niece and nephew for a weekend while my sister and brother-in-law went to the Supercross in Salt Lake City. It's always a fun adventure watching Zaylie and Titan! Titan was so excited that he got to play with Nathan all weekend! Anytime I would come over to my sisters house without Nathan, the first thing Titan would say to me was "Where Nathan at'?! So when I finally brought him to the house with me, Titan was super excited! Friday night we let the kids stay up late and we all snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie! We spent most of the day Saturday playing at the park and riding bikes, and of course Titan and Nathan played lots and lots of cars! We had a great time with those kiddos!
Sweet, crazy little Zaylie!! Love her!
Sunday morning we dropped the kids off at my grandparents, till my
sister and brother-in-law got home later that day, and Nathan and I
headed down to the SLC airport to fly out to Washington!
Nathan's parents flew us out to Washington, for a graduation gift, to
surprise his brother Aaron who was coming home from his mission in
Brazil! We were way excited to take a break from work and to spend some time in Washington with see family! I was excited to finally meet my brother-in-law!!
Aaron didn't fly in till Tuesday morning, so we spent Monday morning making a 'welcome home' sign, then later that afternoon, Nathan and I went up to Renton to visit some of my dear family friends that lives there! It was so great to spend some time with the Forrester's & Shear's and to catch up with them! They are a wonderful group of people and I love every minute I get to spend with them! It has worked out great that Nathan's family lives just 20-30 minutes away from them! So every time we come to visit his family, I get to spend some time with them as well! So so wonderful!
Shelly and her son Spencer!
The wonderful grandma and pa Forrester!
So Tuesday morning finally came, and Aaron still didn't know that we were there! So we stayed home with Nathan's brother Joel, while his parents and his other brother Ben went to the airport to pick Aaron up!! When they pulled up to the house, Nathan and I snuck out the back door and went around to the front to follow Aaron inside! When we were walking across the window to the door, he saw us and we hear "AHH, No way!!" We ran inside and gave hugs and said hi and welcome back and everything!! It was great! Aaron and I finally met! Haha!! It was so fun to be there when he got home and to surprise him!
The weather while we were there was perfect! So sunny and warm all week long! It was a nice break from the cold, snowy weather Idaho had been getting! So we tried to spend as much time as possible out in the sunshine! That was easy for all the guys! Aaron bought a car that week, so the guys spent everyday outside working on it! It was a fun sight to see the brothers all having a good time, working on the car together!
Our week in Washington was great! We enjoyed our time there, spending it with family, working on cars, enjoying the sunshine and relaxing! So Friday afternoon, we flew back to Salt Lake City and stayed there for the weekend for our friend's wedding! Friday night was the "bachelor party" for kyle. So Nathan met up with the guys and went paint-balling that night and had a blast, while I stayed in the hotel room and relaxed and watched TV!
Nathan and I were privileged enough to attend Kyle and Lindsay's wedding in the Salt Lake LDS Temple! It was such a beautiful and special ceremony! After, we all went outside and waited for the lovely bride and groom to come out of the temple! While the couple went around taking pictures, we spent the next couple of hours outside on Temple Square enjoying the sunny weather and all the beautiful flowers around! We then walked down to the The Lion House for the amazing luncheon. The food, of course, was amazing, and it was just fun to hear stories of Kyle and Lindsay and get to know their families more!
After the luncheon, we headed up to Layton for the reception. Nathan was a groomsmen, so he had to be there early for pictures! The reception was at a beautiful old home with the whole yard decorated for it! It was simple, yet beautiful! We had a great time making new friends and watching the bride and groom interact with each other! They really are perfect for one another! During that whole day, Nathan kept saying, "man, it's nice to be on the
other side of the wedding now... not being the bride and groom and
having to SMILE all day long!" haha! This was our first wedding we had
been to since ours, so it was fun for us to just observe and be in the
background! Don't get me wrong, Nathan and I LOVED our wedding day, and
how perfect it was! It did require a LOT of smiling and energy, and we
were pooped by the end of the night, but I wouldn't trade it for
anything! I had such a good time just watching another bride and groom
on their special day, and how happy they were!
After we sent of the bride and groom, we headed back to the hotel and had a great time spending the night with just each other! Sadly, that next morning, it was time for our vaca to come to an end and to get home. We took our time tho! We slept in, and then found a ward to go to for church, then on our way home we stopped in Kaysville and had an early dinner with some great friends of mine! Dan and Amanda have been great friends of mine for years, since Amanda and I were roommates back in 2008! It was so fun to see them and to catch up on life! They hadn't met Nathan yet and they also have a new little girl that I hadn't met either! So it was a good visit to finally have everyone meet! :) After dinner, we FINALLY started our drive back to Idaho. We had a wonderful time with everything we got to do and everyone we got to see, but it was good to be home!














No comments:
Post a Comment