Well sadly, the time came for us to say goodbye to our home in Idaho and start a new adventure out in Michigan! So the morning after we got back from Atlanta (Monday morning) Nathan and I and some much appreciated help, loaded up all of our stuff into a 16 ft Budget truck. We then finished cleaning and checked out of our apartment and around 2:00 pm started the long journey out to Michigan!
We knew we had a long drive ahead of us, so we had a cooler and big bag full of food, water and snacks (thanks to my Office), also we got the whole Hunger Games series on audiobook! The truck didn't have any way to plug in an iPod though, so we found these speakers Walmart, which worked great! So we were set for the 4 day drive!
The first day we drove about 9 1/2-10 hours and made it to Lusk, WY. We stayed at a hotel there for the night, then woke up early the next day and got back on the road! We drove 8 1/2 hours to Vermillion, SD to visit Nathan's sister Lisa and her little family! It was so great to see some family on our way out! Loved spending time with Nick and Lisa and their adorable girls, Maddie and Kenzie and their newest edition Baby Colby! He was 4 days old when we got there! He was such a precious little bundle! I held him as often as I could while I was there! But I did share and let Nathan hold him a couple of times. ;) He was so good with baby Colby, I was very impressed!
It was so fun to play with those cute little girls too! They are just so dang cute and were my little buddies while we were there, and I just loved it! Of course Uncle Nathan was a hit as always! He helped make Maddie a pirate ship with a hat and hook to go with it, would read stories to the girls and played the Wii with them too! He really is going to be such a great dad in the future!
We had such a great time with Lisa and Nick and their little family, and also Nathan's mom! (She was there helping Lisa and Nick out with the girls and the new baby). It was so nice to take a break from driving and to spend time with family! We really enjoyed it and were sad to leave. But sadly we had to keep moving on, so we woke up Thursday morning and were back out on the road by 7:15 ish in the morning and drove 9 1/2 hours or so to Campaign, IL. We stayed with a buddy that Nathan served with on his mission and he is little family! With such a long day of traveling, it was nice to have the evening to relax and chat with friends. Finally the last 6 hours of our trip was that next day! 5 days, 34 ish hours, and 2,000+ miles later we finally arrived at our new home in Westland, MI!!












Gosh, I am so bummed that we never hung out ONCE while we were both here in Idaho. Epic fail! But I'm glad you guys moved safely! And I love the ship and hat that Nathan made. So awesome!
ReplyDelete