Nathan and I have been wanting to go to the Toledo Zoo ever since we moved here, and the other weekend we were like "lets go, why not!" So we invited some friends who just moved out here from BYUI as well to come along and Saturday morning we were off to Toledo, Ohio! It is only an hour drive each way, so not too bad, but definitely makes it for a long day!
So the first thing we did when we got to Toledo was find a Chick-fil-a! (The closet one to us in Michigan is actually in Toledo) We have missed it!! haha!! So we stopped there and got some yummy lunch before heading to the Zoo.
The Zoo was SO much fun that day! We all had such a great time! We saw some fun animals, and most of them were all pretty active, which made it way fun to watch! They have 3 polar bears, the mama and two cubs, and they all were playing and wrestling with each other. I had never seen polar bears so active before. It was so fun and entertaining!
Mama bear!
The two cubs playing around!
This cub started chasing a bird! So funny!
The Orangutan's were fun to watch too, they were having fun showing off all of their cool tricks to us.
We got to see two hippos walk and swim around, we saw two Rhinos too! Those things are huge!! Both Nathan and I had never seen Rhinos in person before, so that was definitely very exciting! And the Zoo has a baby elephant which was fun to see!
And OF COURSE, we had to see the penguins!! So so cute!! :)
So we found out that Siegfried and Roy loaned the Zoo 3 male White Lions from their litter of 4 cubs. The other one, the female, is at the Cincinnati Zoo where they were all born. I guess one of the males died in surgery this summer, so we only saw the 2 males. But wow, they are so pretty! Apparently I didn't get any pictures of them..:( so I found these pictures on the internet.
One of the Tigers we saw was super active! He was running all around and climbing up and down the rocks! And he started roaring towards the end, which was so cool! You could hear the Lions roaring back to him too! When we were getting ready to leave the zoo that evening, we could hear all the different animals going off and making noises, so fun!! Definitely the most animal activity I have ever seen or heard in one Zoo trip!
So long Toledo Zoo, we had a great time and will definitely be back!! :)




































I love your blog!
ReplyDelete