Whoa, the first couple months of 2014 have just flown by! I can't believe April is here already! I have lots of blogging to catch up on... so here it goes!
2014! We brought in the new year driving home from Minnesota and then spent the first week recovering from the stomach flu and colds that we got soon after. We were very happy once we finally recovered!
So the winter this year has been crazy! Super cold, and tons and tons of snow! It actually felt a lot like Idaho winters... with the freezing cold weather that wont go away! Apparently winters here in Michigan aren't normally like this... it has actually been their worst, coldest and snowiest winter they've had in like decades! So that's been a fun adventure... we are definitely ready for warmth and sunshine right about now tho!
This is us out in one of the first major snow storms we got this year! Just the beginning of never ending snow!! Haha! (I really didn't mind all of the snow.. for the most part! It made everything really pretty being covered in snow!... but i'm ready for it to all be gone now that its been here for 4 months!)
This was just the beginning of all the snow...
It's pretty tho!
So the last week of January we watched the kids of a family in our ward while their parents went on a trip for a week. It was a fun adventure and a great break from our apartment!! The parents had gotten us all tickets to a Plymouth Whalers game (major junior hockey league team) to take the kids to while we were watching them, and oh man, it was so fun! I LOVE going to hockey games, and man those kids can play hockey! Nathan really enjoyed it too! I've converted him to the awesome sport of hockey! Woohoo!!
During the same week of us watching those kids, I had a few job interviews and working interviews. (I'm finally getting back out in the dentistry world!) Then a couple days later I got offered a job! So I am officially a working girl again! I work for an endodontist (root canal specialist). It's a lot different than what I'm used to... I used to work on fun, crazy, cute little kids with little teeth.. now I work on grumpy, not-happy-to-be-there, old adults. :/ And it's been years since I did a root canal! So needless to say its a whole new experience for me! One thing I know for sure.... I miss my little kid patients! They were the best!
So now I work MWF and just started teaching violin lessons on tuesdays and I teach piano lessons on Thursdays. Then Nathan and I got called to be Temple workers, so we go up and serve in the LDS Detroit Temple every saturday morning from 8-1. I also just recently got called to be the Personal Progress leader for the young women in my ward! I love working with the youth, it's been so fun, crazy busy, but fun! So between Nathan's calling in the ward as Ward Mission Leader, and my two callings.. plus the temple, and meetings and now work and teaching piano and violin lessons, I've gone from not having much to do, to having a little too much to do.. haha! Oh well.. it definitely makes the days go by faster!
Date night with the hubby!
Nathan and I's new favorite place to eat is Applebee's! We've discovered that if you combine the chicken from one entree with the noodles of another entree it makes one dang delicious meal! SO yummy! We've find ourselves there a lot more lately.. haha! oops! ;)
This is where you would have found me for the two weeks the Olympics were on... every night, to no fail....the TV was on and I was watching any and all the events that I could! Love, Love LOVE the Winter Olympics!
We actually ended up moving our TV into our bedroom so I could watch the late night Olympic broadcast every night while Nathan went to bed! Haha!
A sad day came mid february when Nathan's little blue suby finally decided to call it quits. It had a good run! Thankfully no one was hurt when it locked up on Nathan when he was driving home. And conveniently it locked up just a couple blocks away from our apartment!
So we were down to one car again, and now that I work we need two vehicles, so Nathan took the next day off and we spent the day shopping for a new car! My only conditions were that the new car needed to be an automatic and quiet! And Nathan's condition was that it had to be a Subaru! Haha!
Well after a long day of searching....... we found one!
Hello new Subaru.. we welcome you to the Brooksby clan! :)
In-between all the craziness of our lives, I somehow find some time to go and get a MUCH NEEDED haircut and color! :)
Stayed tuned... more updates to come soon.. (hopefully!)








No comments:
Post a Comment