Saturday, October 11, 2014

A sister came to town!



I am SO grateful for family, and for a Father in Heaven who knows me better than I know myself!

This past summer was fabulous! I was able to spend a weekend with my girlfriends back in Idaho, a week with my family in Georgia and a week with my Brooksby family in Washington! I was on such a high from it all! But then summer was coming to an end and my high fell very quickly and I fell hard. I was not ready for my wonderful, fabulous family filled summer to come to an end. I wanted to go back, to go back and spend more time with all of my family, to keep summer going for-EVER! But obviously that couldn't be...so sadly.. I got into a little slump. An anti-social, not super happy, slump.


Then one day, at the beginning of September I get a text from my sister saying she is coming to Michigan with her friends family for their fall break to visit her friends grandparents. And out of the whole state of Michigan, the grandparents happen to live just 50 minutes north of Nathan and I!! I was SO stoked!! I was going to be able to see some family again!! The Lord knew what I needed to help me out of my slump, and he made it happen! Even tho it was a short visit.. it was just what I needed! So first off.. Thanks Malarie for letting me steal you away from your friends for a day, it meant a lot to me, more than you will ever know! Nathan and I loved having you in our home and spending time with you! :)

Malarie and her friends family came into town late Saturday night, and we met them at an exit near our place to pick Mal up and take her home with us for rest of the weekend!

We stayed up late chit chatting about life and what not. Then the next day was Sunday, so woke up and went to church, (which was pretty fun! Everyone would stop and stare at Malarie and I and say... "you two HAVE to be sisters.. right?!" "You've gotta be sisters" "Are you two related?" haha! Gotta love our strong family resemblance!) after that we ate lunch and made some yummy cookies. It was a nice, sunny day (which hasn't been occuring too often) so we decided to go out and show Malarie around our little towns downtown. It really isn't much.. but it has a boardwalk on the lake! So we walked around a bit and watched some guys pull some pretty sweet tricks on jet ski's! That was pretty cool to see! After that, we went back home and ate some dinner and more cookies of course and just chatted some more. It probably wasn't a super exciting day for Malarie (not much you can do on a Sunday.. sorry!) But I just enjoyed having her there with us! It was nice. :)


You can't have a sister over for a night and not do some girly stuff! Yay for face masks! (We tried to get Nathan to participate.. but he declined...not sure why?!) ;)





I dropped Malarie off at her friends grandparents house Monday morning on my way to work. On Tuesday I met up with Malarie and her friends family and all of us girls took a trip to Frankenmuth to visit the best store ever! Bronner's Christmas Store... the largest Christmas store in the world!

Love this store! (It's was a lot better to going in the off season this time, WAY less crowded.. and you get to start thinking about Christmas way earlier.. love it!) 

Yay for teeth! haha!! They really do have an ornament for EVERYTHING!
Look! It's Nathan and I in penguin form! ;)

Our newest Christmas decoration! I love it! 
"Together Forever"

Thanks again Malarie for letting me steal you for a day and also for letting me join in on your Frankenmuth adventure! It was so great to see you!! 

I was really missing family and struggling not being in close proximity to any.... and Heavenly Father  knew how to fix that! Thank you thank you thank you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment