Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Minnesota Wedding!

December 28th, 2013
We woke up to a surprisingly beautiful, sunny and fairly warm day for Minnesota! Perfect day for a wedding! 
The first event of the day was the luncheon. There was just a small group of us at this really nice restaurant. The food choices were awesome and it all looked delicious.. sadly I wasn't able to really eat anything yet.. but they had good bread! :) It was just really nice to sit down and relax and chat with everyone before the ceremony and everything. While everyone was finishing up at the luncheon, Jay, Nathan and I took the bride and groom (Aaron and Chelsea) over to the St. Paul LDS Temple to help get them ready. I was so honored to be able to accompany Chelsea in the Temple and be in the brides room with her and help her get into her wedding dress and just spend some quality sister-in-law bonding time before she got married! She is so sweet and fabulous. I am so glad I get to have her as a sister now! (I have gotten some great new sisters becoming a Brooksby! I love it!)

Aaron and Chelsea got married in the Temple and were sealed to each other for time and all eternity! What a beautiful blessing that is! Their ceremony was so touching and so beautiful!

Here they are coming out of the Temple as husband and wife!!
I'm so glad I got this picture of them looking at each other this way... 
They are SO in love and it was so fun to see them interact with each other throughout the day. You could tell when they looked at each other, time stood still for them. Even though lots of craziness was going on around them, they were in a different world, just loving each other and loving being together. It was quite precious to see! :) 


The hubby and I had fun taking lots of pics... hehe! 

Extended selfies.... ;)

So after the Temple ceremony we headed over to the event center where the rest of the festivities were at that night. After spending a couple of hours setting up.. which Chelsea's mom did a marvelous job! It all looked SO SO beautiful and elegant... We started the night off with a beautiful ring ceremony, then they had a "mix and mingle" portion where you could all mingle and give her congratulations to the bride and groom. They also had lots of treats and a crepe company catering. Those crepes were delicious! Then after that portion, they brought everyone back to the amphitheater where they had the ring ceremony and Ben (a Brooksby brother) gave a wonderful toast to the Bride and Groom! Then of course there was a dance! You can't have a Brooksby wedding without a dance! It was really fun to see all the Brooksby brothers get together and show off their moves!! 

Check out this video... you wont want to miss this! 

Here is the lovely couple when they were getting ready to leave! 
The weather turned on us throughout the night, so when they were leaving it was freezing cold and super windy... but no fear, Ben, Jay, Nathan and I were out there as their send off party waving and yelling goodbye and all sorts of craziness! :)

After the bride and groom left, we all pitched in and helped take down and clean everything up. Finally around midnight and super exhausted we made our way back to our hotel and slept! :)

Even though it was a long and exhausting day.. it was so worth it! What a fun and beautiful day it was!! We were so glad we got to go and be apart of Aaron and Chelsea's big day!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! So fun to read about it even though I was there!

    ReplyDelete