Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wedding and baptism

Nathan and I had the opportunity this past year in being very involved in the missionary work in our ward. Nathan has been the Ward Mission Leader, and I was a ward missionary and basically Nathan's assistant! It has been such a challenging yet neat and rewarding experience! 

Our latest adventure with it was this spring when we had two AMAZING investigators who decided they wanted to get married and be baptized!! So with crazy planning, prayers and tons of help from the sister missionaries we put together a wedding and a baptism in 10 days! 

It was such an amazing and spiritual day! Nathan and I were so honored to be able to be apart of it! 

We transformed the primary room for the wedding!

"Before"

"After"

The flowers and beautiful cake were done by my amazing friend in the ward! She is so talented!! 

We had a great turn out for their wedding! It was so wonderful! 
After the beautiful ceremony we had a small luncheon and wedding cake for all the wedding guests! 


We then went straight over to another church building for their baptisms!! We had such a great turn out for their baptisms too! 

It was such a beautifully amazing and spiritual day! And everything worked out and went so smoothly! Thank goodness for prayers and duct tape!! :) 

Refreshments for the baptism!

For all our baptisms, while the person who just got baptized is getting dried off and changed, we have everyone who attended write a note to them, whether it be their testimony, a welcome to the ward etc. I then put it all together and give it to them at church the next day! It was great putting this last one together because it was so big!! Such great support was given for their special day! :)

After the baptism was over and we finished cleaning both church buildings up and put everything back in order, Nathan and I were pooped!!  So we went out to dinner to celebrate what a great day it was (and so we didn't have to cook anything! ) ;)
We have had so many great experiences being involved in the missionary work out here in Michigan! It's busy and lots of work.. But in the end it's so worth it! :) The Gospel is true and I am so glad I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment