Tuesday, August 12, 2014

God Hears and Answers Prayers

Heavenly Father works in interesting ways.

I got called into to work this morning and had to work a job position that I've never done before. I was very stressed about it and not sure how I was going to be able to do it, and do it correctly. So my whole way to work this morning I was continuously praying to my Heavenly Father to be with me today and to help me with this new position and that I'd be able to handle it and not mess things up too badly. Interestingly enough, last Friday, knowing I'd be needing to cover for our front office lady for a couple of days in about a month or two, I had her start going over everything with me. So she quickly showed me some basics then. It was a good thing I felt like I should of had her do that on Friday... not knowing I'd need that info a couple days later!
I got to work and got thrown right into it. It was stressful, but I was able to remember most of the things she told me back on Friday and make things work.. sorta! I was still really nervous about having to close out the day and things, but it was going to have to be done, somehow! 
Then mid afternoon, a crazy thunderstorm came through and a lightning strike hit something around our building and our power went out! We stayed around for a while hoping it would turn back on.. and it never did! So with our computer server not working and lights off we were unable to continue with our work day. My doctor ended up sending us home about an hour and a half later. 

Hmm... Interesting.... like I said.. Heavenly Father works in interesting ways! 
On my way home I thought about all of todays events... and I knew that the Lord had a hand in it. Last friday He knew I was going to need some info about how to run the front desk and handle insurance a couple days later, and then He also knew how stressed and worried I was and answered my prayers this morning by ending our work day early. (I wasn't thinking that that would be how he would answer my prayers.. but He answers prayers in His own way and it works!)

So I am just extra grateful for my Heavenly Father and His presence in my life! So grateful that He takes the time to listen and answer my prayers, not matter how silly or crazy they might be! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment